This recipe is for the brave! Italian Kitchen’s Dine Out dessert, the Chocolate Sensation, is sure to impress your guests at your next dinner party. With a little patience, a lot of heart, along with a weighing scale, make this show stopping dessert at home!
THE CAKE BASE
188g melted dark chocolate
188g ground almonds
188g ground hazelnuts
108g Brewed espresso
5 egg whites
5 egg yolks
1. In a bowl combine ground nuts and melted chocolate then add, espresso, milk and sugar.
2. Add egg yolks one at a time and beat until fully incorporated.
3. In a clean mixing bowl with whisk attachment beat egg whites till foamy and stream in sugar slowly, continue beating until egg whites are shiny and hold a medium peak.
4. Fold egg whites into batter gently.
6. Spread batter on parchment lined 12″X 18″ sheet pan.
7. Bake @ 325F for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the Center comes out clean.
1500g whipped cream
15 egg yolks
900g melted dark chocolate
1.Whip whipping cream to soft peaks and set aside.
2. Whisk egg yolk and sugar together until light in color.
3. Fold melted chocolate into the egg yolk and sugar mixture .
4. Fold cream into chocolate mixture gently until incorporated.
5. On cooled cake base place a 12″X 18″ cake frame and push into the base creating a seal, layer mousse over top of flourless cake within the 12 x 18 cake frame.
6. Freeze overnight to set before cutting into portions.
1450g Heavy Cream
750g milk chocolate
1. Heat cream and glucose until just before boiling
2. Place chopped chocolate in bowl.
3. Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate.
4. Mix well to incorporate cream into chocolate until fully emulsified.
5. Keep warm to pour over cakes.
Remove mousse cake from frame and place on cutting board. Cut into desired portions and return to freezer until ready to cover in ganache. Place cake portions on wire rack with sheet pan underneath. Using a ladle, pour ganache generously over cakes covering all sides and letting excess run off into sheet pan below. This ganache can be rewarmed and used again. Dust with edible gold powder, remove cakes from rack, place on plates and serve!